[llvm-dev] [InstCombine] addrspacecast assumed associative with gep

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 17 05:24:02 PDT 2019

I quickly gave up on s1, as you say - InstCombine gets stuck in loops and all kinds of terrible things. For interfacing with Clang, treating them as bools works well enough.

You are right though, it had completely skipped my mind that the gep there includes the width of those s8 bools, so it's really not as bad as I thought, *head desk* moment.

Only really remains the undocumented point of load/store aliasing where the same address can be read/written in different ways (ie microchip's tblrdl/tblrdh program memory operations - high byte is aliased to the low byte, but accessed via different operations), but I agree we're getting minor here and such false-aliasing is probably better blocked via intrinsic functions. Sorry for the noise 😊