[llvm-dev] Help required on running the regression tests

Joan Lluch via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 14 03:45:31 PDT 2019

Hi Tim,

When I started with this, I just downloaded the sources for the LLVM site, I did not even created a git for it. Then ran the CMAKE app (not from the command line) with the default settings other than also adding the ‘experimental’ targets, and boom a fully functional XCode project was created, so I gave no further thought on that. I am not even aware of what was involved under the hood, but this has worked fine since I have been able to create a totally new custom target from that install with no issues. That’s why now I’m surprised that the tests doesn’t seem to even be there. I think that CMAKE is one of the major ways to install LLVM, and I may try to install it and ‘clean’ compile from the ground up again, but I would need to understand what’s required to actually get the tests available.

Thanks,