[llvm-dev] Method to map LLVM IR var name to pc address?

Kenneth Adam Miller via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 10 11:27:44 PDT 2019

Hello,

I have a problem where an two existing LLVM analyses, one at the IR level,
with variable names, and another at the machine code level. I need to map
the IR information down to the resulting binary. I don't want to try and
write a custom algorithm to fit the results of the analysis to the machine
code because across variable renaming and machine code specifics, that
introduces too much room for error and unnecessary additional difficulty. I
do understand that you can specify interaction between passes and I do not
want that for this reason.

Instead, I would like to be able to know where particular variable is
defined at in the final binary in order to map the IR to the result. Does
anybody know of a way to do this?