[llvm-dev] Short aliases in help text

Jordan Rupprecht via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 10 13:11:13 PDT 2019

Heavy +1 in favor of changing --help so it automatically combines
alias+flag together. Perhaps that's one of the reasons aliases are hidden
by default; so they don't clutter --help. If aliases are provided w/ their
command, there's very little added clutter.

--help lists "-a, --debug-syms" but man pages list it as
"[-a|--debug-syms]". I think either (or something else entirely) is fine.