[llvm-dev] [RFC] Expose user provided vector function for auto-vectorization.

Elovikov, Andrei via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 10 11:09:36 PDT 2019

Hi Francesco,

> I am crafting the attribute so that it makes it explicit that we are using OpenMP and we are expecting a Vector Function ABI.

I just thought that another option would be to force FE to always emit "logically"-widened alwaysinline wrapper for the vector function that does the arguments processing according to ABI inside (we need that info in the FE anyway). That way the vectorizer pass won't need to care about the tricky processing and we (possibly) will get a somewhat easier to understand IR after the vectorizer.

Is that something that might work?

Thanks,
Andrei