[llvm-dev] Adding llvm-undname to the llvm-cov bot

Nico Weber via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 7 06:47:04 PDT 2019

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 12:56 PM Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 1:33 PM <vsk at apple.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 4, 2019, at 4:41 PM, Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 2:06 PM <vsk at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Nico,
>>>
>>> Sorry for the delay, I've been OOO. The llvm-cov bot should produce
>>> reports for llvm-undname starting today.
>>>

>> Thanks! It looks like
>> http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/index.html now has an
>> "llvm-undname" entry, but
>> http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/llvm/index.html still
>> doesn't have an entry for llvm/lib/MicrosoftDemangle.cpp (and neither does
>> http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/llvm-undname/index.html
>> ).
>>

>> For now, coverage for MicrosoftDemangle.cpp should show up under the "all"
>> entry
>> <http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/all/coverage/Users/buildslave/jenkins/workspace/clang-stage2-coverage-R/llvm/lib/Demangle/MicrosoftDemangle.cpp.html>
>> .
>>

>> What I'd ideally want is that the llvm report (
>> http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/llvm/index.html) just
>> shows coverage data for
>> llvm/lib/MicrosoftDemangle.cpp llvm/lib/MicrosoftDemangleNodes.cpp
>> llvm/include/llvm/Demangle/MicrosoftDemangle.h llvm/include/llvm/Demangle/MicrosoftDemangleNodes.h
>> in addition to the other files that are there (and there's no separate
>> report for llvm-undname).
>>

>> This should be fixed on the next successful run.
>>

> Thanks much! I know see the file on
> http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/llvm/index.html ,
> that's great!
>
> Is there a way to see which revision the report was built at?  That page
> shows 75.13% (1607/2139) line coverage for MicrosoftDemangle.cpp. I added
> lots of converage ~2 days ago (
> https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commits/master/llvm/test/Demangle)
> and locally coverage for that file after running just `out/gn/bin/llvm-lit
> llvm/test/Demangle/` shows line coverage of 83.50% (1801/2157). Is that
> just due to the coverage report lagging trunk by a few days, or is
> something else up?

Even more mysteriously, in the "all" report (
http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/all/index.html),
MicrosoftDemangle.cpp's line coverage is just  45.21% (967/2139).

I assumed that "llvm" is the result of `check-llvm` and "all" is
`check-all`. Both of those should run the tests in llvm/test/Demangle, but
it feels like that doesn't happen in either case. Can you think of a reason
for why the bot wouldn't run the tests in llvm/test/Demangle?