[llvm-dev] Adding llvm-undname to the llvm-cov bot

Nico Weber via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 4 16:41:11 PDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 2:06 PM <vsk at apple.com> wrote:

> Hi Nico,
>
> Sorry for the delay, I've been OOO. The llvm-cov bot should produce
> reports for llvm-undname starting today.

Thanks! It looks like
http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/index.html now has an
"llvm-undname" entry, but
http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/llvm/index.html still
doesn't have an entry for llvm/lib/MicrosoftDemangle.cpp (and neither does
http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/llvm-undname/index.html).
What I'd ideally want is that the llvm report (
http://lab.llvm.org:8080/coverage/coverage-reports/llvm/index.html) just
shows coverage data for
llvm/lib/MicrosoftDemangle.cpp llvm/lib/MicrosoftDemangleNodes.cpp
llvm/include/llvm/Demangle/MicrosoftDemangle.h
llvm/include/llvm/Demangle/MicrosoftDemangleNodes.h
in addition to the other files that are there (and there's no separate
report for llvm-undname). I figured what the bot does is run `check-llvm`
and then pass all binaries that run as part of `llvm-check` to the report
generation script, and I had assumed llvm-undname was just missing on that
list of all binaries. But maybe that's not how that coverage list is
computed?

> As for +x permissions on llvm/utils/prepare-code-coverage-artifact.py,
> it's an oversight that they are missing. I wasn't able to land a
> permissions change via the new monorepo (I get: "Committed c3b9398d101 to
> svn", but the commit does not appear). Perhaps you'll have better luck?

I couldn't figure out how to do it via git-svn / `git-llvm push` either,
but I added the +x bit in r362561 using an old svn checkout I had lying
around.