[llvm-dev] Confusing FileCheck check-label documentation

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 30 08:09:50 PDT 2019

The documentation is incorrect there; it's not that the *line* cannot be matched, but that the pattern in the directive cannot be matched by other directives.
"cannot also be matched…" is kind of awkwardly written as well, the intent is that each CHECK-LABEL pattern ought to be unique in the input.

This reminds me that I was supposed to overhaul the FileCheck documentation…  which task seems to have fallen off my to-do list, I will put it back.
HTH,
--paulr