[llvm-dev] GitHub llvm-mirror 8d behind

David Zarzycki via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 15 02:51:29 PDT 2019

> On Jul 11, 2019, at 8:18 PM, Will Dietz via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 15:36:11 +0200, Stefan Gränitz <stefan.graenitz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> In case anyone has a remote to the (unofficial)
>> https://github.com/llvm-mirror, please note that all the repos are at
>> least 8 days behind.
>> There's no warning about it. The page still says it's "Updated every
>> five minutes".
>>
>> Best
>> Stefan
>
> Ouch, sorry about that!
>
> Server had unrelated issue that interfered,
> should just need to be given some words of encouragement.
>
> ("don't give up, you can do it! try again!")
>
> Thanks for the message, it's updating again now
> but will take a few minutes before all repos are caught up.
>
> And yes this is just a cronjob on a UIUC machine...
> it will likely need a replacement in 6-12 months
> as I'm not sure I'll be able to maintain it as-is
> once I graduate.  Shouldn't be any trouble to move.
>
> It makes me happy that so many folks have found it useful
> for so much longer than I ever expected, so even
> with the official repo I'm inclined to keep it
> alive for (at least) the near future.

Hi Will,

The subproject repositories that you’re mirroring might stop updating after the official “monorepo” repository transition is complete (see: http://llvm.org/docs/Proposals/GitHubMove.html#read-only-sub-project-mirrors). Can you please consider adding a warning to your GitHub account/mirrors? Or better still: direct people toward to LLVM GitHub transition documentation?

Thanks!
Dave

http://llvm.org/docs/Proposals/GitHubMove.html#read-only-sub-project-mirrors