[llvm-dev] For Linux systems is the first global variable allocated at 0x10000

Carter Cheng via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 11 20:36:12 PDT 2019

Hello,

I was looking over the dataflow sanitizer and though the method with which
it allocates memory is quite clever I find it somewhat unappealing in
certain cases since it seems to convert the move the addr values from the
original locations using a runtime mask calculation from the old value. I
am wondering if in my use case for generating a fast shadow if I could
allocate something as the first global in the global table and if that
would be guaranteed to map to the bottom of memory. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance,

Carter.