[llvm-dev] Performance tests?

Sam Elliott via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 11 02:53:27 PDT 2019

The tests and benchmarks in the `test-suite` repository are pretty comprehensive, and LLVM developers often justify changes by showing performance improvements in this suite.

The answers to your questions really rely on your definitions of “sufficient” and “good breadth”, but I feel the test-suite is often good enough.

Sam

> On 10 Jul 2019, at 5:30PM, Cameron McInally via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hey llvm-dev,
>
> What's the best method to test performance of Clang generated executables? Are the nightly tests in test-suite sufficient?
>
> I'm looking for publicly available tests/suites with a good breadth of coverage...
>
> Thanks,
> Cam

Sam Elliott
Software Developer - LLVM