[llvm-dev] Using bytecode version of std::sort for JIT generated data type

Rajesh S R via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 8 16:32:51 PDT 2019

Thanks David!

I am not clear on how to achieve this though. Could you give more info on
this?

I expect something like this:

sort.cc file:

bool Compare(void* a, void* b) {
  return false;
}

void SortFunc(void* arr, int len) {
   std::sort(arr, len, &Compare)
}

$MAGIC_COMMAND sort.cc -o a.llvm

a.llvm is a bytecode which can be loaded at runtime in my JIT module and
write some code to replace "Compare" function with our own "Compare"
function.