[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [Release-testers] LLVM 8.0.1-rc3

Dimitry Andric via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 7 03:22:42 PDT 2019

On 6 Jul 2019, at 04:36, Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 at 22:16, Yvan Roux via cfe-dev
> <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>> Expected Passes    : 53266 (rc2: 53259)
>>> Expected Failures  :   213 (rc2:   213)
>>> Unsupported Tests  :  1718 (rc2:  1719)
>>> Unresolved Tests   :     8 (rc2:     8)
>
> Does someone knows what unresolved means?

Yes, that's when you have to kill the script that runs the individual
test, for example because the test hangs.

In my case, I have some lldb tests that sometimes sit and hang in a STOP
state (these are apparently tests for the stop/continue logic).  In that
case, I have to kill off the tested program and its parent (most of the
time a forked lit.py), leading to "Unresolved" status for that
particular test.

-Dimitry