[llvm-dev] lld-link fails to link uefi binary because of undefined symbol _fltused

James Y Knight via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 5 06:35:08 PDT 2019

This is expected behavior -- if you use floating point operations in a
source file, the _fltused symbol is mentioned in order to run the
floating-point-environment initialization routine from the MS CRT.

If you want to make a standalone binary, not linking against the CRT, you
can simply define "int _fltused = 0;" in some source file, within extern
"C" {} if you're in C++. (Note that the definition of the symbol doesn't
actually matter, since it's normally only used as a trigger to pull in the
initialization function.)