[llvm-dev] Behaviour of APInt

Sam Parker via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 31 05:54:02 PST 2019

Cheers Tim,

The real problem is not just in the printing though, any code can misinterpret the true value if one queries isNegative(). negate() will also produce the original value.

I didn't know about APSInt. It seems I have been mislead and I think I will have to go back to some of my past patches... I know I'm not the only one to be caught out by this behaviour though, APSInt looks like a safer type to use.

Thanks again,

Sam Parker

Compilation Tools Engineer | Arm

Arm.com