[llvm-dev] [compiler-rt] Windows report output options

David Major via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 30 13:20:51 PST 2019

Hi! I work on Mozilla's Windows builds and would be interested in
following along with your progress.

The OutputDebugString sounds like it would be useful in my work. I
don't personally have a use case for the event logging, but I don't
have any particular objection, either.

Something on my wish-list that I've been meaning to write a patch for
but never found time, is the ability to turn off
sys::PrintStackTraceOnErrorSignal completely, and let Windows pass
exceptions to my default postmortem debugger. (I see that there's an
LLVM_DISABLE_CRASH_REPORT variable, but it looks like it would still
exit the app upon an exception, which makes it hard to sprinkle
__debugbreak()'s around for local investigations.)