[llvm-dev] I have a problem about "Writting an LLVM Backend"

lizhirui via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jan 26 03:05:36 PST 2019

I intend to write a new LLVM Backend for my new instruction set,but I notice
that the example in the document "Writing an LLVM Backend" is not suitable
for up-to-date version"7.0.1".

That document is in "docs" directory of LLVM source of up-to-date version
and LLVM Website.

For example,in section "Target Machine",in "SparcTargetMachine.h",there is
"DataLayout","InstrInfo" as class members in class "SparcTargetMachine" but
is not in "SparcTargetMachine.h" which is in "LLVM version 7.0.1",and the
argument list of the constructor is also different.

I don't know how to write a new LLVM Backend for me.Do you have new
documents suitable for up-to-date version?or,do you know what version of
LLVM is for that documents?