[llvm-dev] Prospective GSoC projects - 2019

preejackie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jan 26 11:05:46 PST 2019

Hi all

I'm a master's student from India. I'm very much interested in compilers
and infrastructure toolchains. I have been following llvm for past few
months, I like the scope of LLVM project and community behind it. I'm
hoping to participate in Google Summer of Code 2019 at LLVM. I have
intermediate knowledge of modern c++, boost libraries (proto, hana) and
basic knowledge of compilers and optimizations. I have gone through the
LLVM Kaleidoscope tutorial to get to know about LLVM code-gen API and
JIT environment. I know still there is a lot of things to watch up.

For GSoC 19, I looked at Open Projects page, where I can find only GSoC
2018 projects and some projects whose current status is not mentioned.
Given the vastness of the LLVM project, it is difficult for me to find
some prospective projects that can be completed this summer. Especially
I'm interested in code optimization, compiler-rt and clang static
analyzer. However, I open to discuss cool projects within scope llvm. I
highly appreciate if you point me to (hints) some project ideas in these
areas. It would help me to make some research on the idea and write a
good proposal and proof of concept.

I hope by participating in GSoC with llvm, will be a great learning
experience, possibly develop a career in compiler optimization and much
more fun :)

Hoping for a reply about some prospective project ideas for this summer!

Thanks a lot