[llvm-dev] Aliasing rules difference between GCC and Clang

Ivan Kosarev via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 25 07:02:23 PST 2019

Hi, Jonas,

Sorry for the late answer.

As far as I'm aware, those proposals didn't result in any patches
published. Here's the original message discussing the approach:

[llvm-dev] RFC: Representing unions in TBAA
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-February/110082.html

Despite its title, it also suggests changes supposed to address the
issue with representation of array-element accesses.

As to my own patches pending publication, they are all for the new TBAA
format, which you said would be of no help in your case.

Regards,