[llvm-dev] Help reproducing buildbot failures

Martin Storsjö via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 22 23:50:32 PST 2019

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019, Martin Storsjö via llvm-dev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (Reposting the request to llvm-dev for better visibility)
>
> I had to revert a change today, due to test errors on some buildbots. The
> errors did seem to only happen on the ppc64be and aarch64 buildbots. I don't
> have access to a ppc64be setup to test on, but I've tried to build and run in
> a setup very similar to the one on the aarch64 buildbot, but I can't
> reproduce the errors there.
>
> The failing test was present in SVN r351801 to r351810, in
> test/tools/llvm-objcopy/COFF/add-gnu-debuglink.test. The failing test looked
> like this:
>
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-ppc64be-linux/builds/29113/steps/ninja%20check%201/logs/FAIL%3A%20LLVM%3A%3Aadd-gnu-debuglink.test
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-cmake-armv8-quick/builds/9987/steps/ninja%20check%201/logs/FAIL%3A%20LLVM%3A%3Aadd-gnu-debuglink.test
>
> Can someone with access to the buildbots (or similar systems) help
> reproducing the issue? The test output files and the full output of the
> commands in the tests would be helpful.

I realized I hopefully should be able to debug the issue via the normal
testing/buildbot infrastructure, by adding a few more commands in the test
that print things to stdout. If the test runs successfully it shouldn't be
visible anywhere, and if it fails, it'll give me further clues about what
actually went wrong.

I apologize for the extra commit churn this might end up with, but
hopefully it'll let me figure this out without waiting for help from the
buildbot owners.

// Martin