[llvm-dev] [RFC] Introducing an explicit calling convention

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 22 12:38:16 PST 2019

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 6:21 AM David Chisnall via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 18/01/2019 06:29, Chris Lattner wrote:
> > If anyone would like to organize a round table at EuroLLVM to talk about this topic, I’d love to participate.  I have lots of thoughts and opinions here (but can’t really explain it all without a whiteboard) and they may be interesting to discuss.
>
> I'd also be interested in attending, but unfortunately this year
> EuroLLVM was scheduled for the week immediately after Brexit, when
> travelling to the EU from the UK is expected to be problematic.

A bit off-topic, but that seems .. unlikely.

As a New Zealand passport holder, I can visit the EU for 90 days
without a visa. Ok, perhaps the UK won't have such an agreement in
place immediately.

BUT! NZ still has all the pre-EU/EEC bilateral agreements in place. So
I believe I can visit Finland for 90 days, then go to Sweden for 90
days, then Denmark for 90 days, Netherlands for 90 days, Belgium,
France, Germany .. and on for 90 days in each of 20 or so countries.
It is necessary only to find someone to stamp my passport when I go
from one country to another. I believe a police station will suffice.

It would be surprising if the UK didn't still have the pre-1973
bilateral agreements on the books as well.