[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Shortest RFC ever: I propose we rename files using `.TXT` extension to use `.txt`

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 17 19:11:42 PST 2019

The problem here might be git trying to rename 'file.TXT' to
'file.txt', which results in an error on Windows since it sees both as
the same name.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10523849/changing-capitalization-of-filenames-in-git
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8604535/git-rebase-issue-with-files-of-same-name-but-different-case
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6899582/i-change-the-capitalization-of-a-directory-and-git-doesnt-seem-to-pick-up-on-it

Some problems on Windows/MacOS systems are possible.

Michael