[llvm-dev] [llvm-rc] absolute.test failing

Martin Storsjö via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 16 00:21:39 PST 2019

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019, Nico Weber wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 3:01 AM Martin Storsjö <martin at martin.st> wrote:
>       On Wed, 9 Jan 2019, David Greene wrote:
>
>       One way of disambiguating between option and pathname for the
>       sake of the
>       tests, would be to add '--' before the path arguments, which
>       seems to be
>       handled by the LLVM options parser at least. Does that sound
>       sensible to
>       you (and others CC:d)?
>

> That sounds like the thing to do. It's also how we handle the same issue in
> clang-cl, where /Users/foo/file.c is interpreted as the /U (undefine macro)
> flag with"sers/foo/file.c" as argument instead of the intended macOS-style
> path.

This should be implemented now and taken into use in the tests, in
https://reviews.llvm.org/rL351305. Does this help with your issue?

> clang-cl also has a dedicated warning for this
> (http://reviews.llvm.org/rL293305), might be useful for some of llvm-rc's
> flags that are prone to this problem as well (/c, /r, maybe /sl)

That'd probably be a nice extra to implement on top of it, although the
case where it struck for David wasn't when manually using the tool, but
within the testsuite. Nevertheless it probably would be useful.

// Martin