[llvm-dev] Proposal for an alternative bugtracking workflow

Ilya Biryukov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 15 08:02:49 PST 2019

The script queries **all** issues with specified labels and "notifies" on
each of those.
While this approach works, I doubt it would scale well if everyone is doing
this by hand. OTOH, building a service that does this for everyone might be
feasible, albeit non-trivial and it's not clear who should own this.

So overall having this supported by GitHub would mean a much better UX...

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 3:09 PM James Y Knight <jyknight at google.com> wrote:

> BTW, Google search found this tool:
> https://github.com/bcongdon/github-label-notify
>

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019, 8:02 AM Ilya Biryukov via llvm-dev <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 1:47 PM Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone reached out to GitHub about potentially enabling this?
>>>
>> For the lack of a better place, filed a ticker against GitHub support.
>> Will update the thread when they come back to me.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Ilya Biryukov

Regards,