[llvm-dev] Metadata/DebugInfo in *.ll file

Norbert Dajka via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 15 05:11:23 PST 2019

Yes, this is for a front-end-ish project. I generate LLVM IR from assembly.
The result is optimized through several builtin passes, like simplify cfg,
value propagation, simple const propagation, etc. I tried setDebugLoc, but
it gets dropped. Aside from simplify CFG, I can't see where this happens,
and it is already dropped before simplify cfg. It looks like I would be
better off adding instruction metadata after generating IR, outside LLVM,
instead of forcing it to process things backwards.

Adrian Prantl <aprantl at apple.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. jan. 14., H,
17:26):