[llvm-dev] Function - replaceAllUsesWith

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 15 04:27:41 PST 2019

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 12:25, Gaier, Bjoern via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I wondered if I can do the external symbol resolution without using the JIT and RuntimeDyld (for now). For me it sounds like something that could be possible…

I'm virtually certain it is. I think lldb does it, in fact. You
mentioned the pointercast didn't work, but didn't give any details on
how or what actually crashed. Do you have more you can tell us?

Also, hopefully you're using a build of LLVM with assertions enabled,
that'll catch errors much earlier.

Cheers.

Tim.