[llvm-dev] Function - replaceAllUsesWith

Gaier, Bjoern via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 14 03:20:56 PST 2019

Hello LLVM-World,

currently I play around with a "llvm::Module" and an external function defined there "puts". Normally this function gets resolved in the JIT-Process but I wonder about two things:

  1.  Can I resolve the function already in this step? I used "replaceAllUsesWith" and passed a "llvm::ConstantInt" to the function. But this didn't worked.
  2.  What might happen if I have two modules and use "replaceAllUsesWith" on a function of Module A, passing a function of Module B.

Thank you for the help in advance!

Kind greetings
Björn
Als GmbH eingetragen im Handelsregister Bad Homburg v.d.H. HRB 9816, USt.ID-Nr. DE 114 165 789 Geschäftsführer: Dr. Hiroshi Nakamura, Dr. Robert Plank, Markus Bode, Heiko Lampert, Takashi Nagano, Takeshi Fukushima. Junichi Tajika