[llvm-dev] [LLD] [WASM] wasm/function-index.test failing
David Greene via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 8 11:19:58 PST 2019
David Greene via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:
> Rui Ueyama <ruiu at google.com> writes:
>> I cannot reproduce this error, but this could be real.
>> David, is this reproducible every time or is this flaky?
> It's every time for me, both on X86-64 and AArch64. I'll try running in
> a debugger to see what is going on. What else can I do to help track
> this down?
Ok, I discovered something interesting. I see the failure when
configuring like this:
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=ON \
I do *not* see the failure when configuring like this:
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=ON \
I set LLVM_ABI_BREAKING_CHECKS=FORCE_OFF for the Release build in
CMakeCache.txt and it still failed.
I then additionally set LLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=OFF for the Release build
in CMakeCache.txt and it still failed.
I then attempted to run the command in a debugger. It passed. It also
passed on the command-line. So it appears something about the
environment lit sets up causes problems, but only for Release builds.
I tried adding a batch gdb command to the test but it passed. The test
doesn't run long enough to allow attaching an external gdb.
So short of hacking on wasm-ld, I'm at a bit of a roadblock. Ideas
More information about the llvm-dev