[llvm-dev] Potential bug in SelectionDAGLegalize::ConvertNodeToLibcall()?

Justin Hibbits via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 2 09:34:16 PST 2019

Hi Nemanja,

The behavior is the same prior to my patch and with my patch, with
regard to this specific behavior.  The custom BITCAST lowerer doesn't
introduce any change with this.  In fact, it was reported on
https://reviews.llvm.org/D49754 as behavior introduced with the
original SPE additions, so is inherent in this target from the
beginning.  So, it seems to me that the new nodes added in the libcall
lowering should themselves be lowered, unless I should do as Alex
alluded to, and add new legal nodes that themselves handle the argument
splitting and reforming.  But it seems to me that the machinery to do
that already exists, but might need another pass?

- Justin