[llvm-dev] How to get a review for a patch?

Ralf Jung via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 27 01:53:23 PST 2019

Hi,

>> I was not aware of there being separate notions of "reviewers" and
>> "subscribers", so with this being in the "Add reviewers" not I thought "to
>> subscribe" meant "to add as a reviewer".  Actually from what I recall,
>> llvm-commits had been added automatically (but I might misremember).
>> (I hope this kind of feedback helps to improve the documentation.)
>
> There’s https://llvm.org/docs/Contributing.html which would ideally contain all
> relevant info, but it might be hard to discover. Did you have a look at that page?

I had found that, yes, bit it took me a while.  It is from there that I reached
<https://llvm.org/docs/Phabricator.html#phabricator-request-review-web>.
I started at <https://llvm.org/> and scanned for "contribute", and that went
nowhere at first. Even when I found <https://llvm.org/docs/> it wasn't at all
obvious that this was the right direction, the contribution documentation is
*way* down at the bottom.

Given that <https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/> is on GH, it might be worth
adding a CONTRIBUTING.md or at least adding some pointers to the README --
that's actually the place I started looking for information.

Kind regards,
Ralf