[llvm-dev] How to get a review for a patch?

Ralf Jung via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 26 03:20:42 PST 2019

Hi Shoaib,

> You added the old account for Eli (eli.friedman); I went ahead and switched it
> to the newer account (efriedma). You can tell it's an old account because if you
> go to https://reviews.llvm.org/p/eli.friedman/ (which can be accessed by e.g.
> clicking the eli.friedman in your reviewers list), the last activity is from
> 2016, whereas https://reviews.llvm.org/p/efriedma/ has recent activity.
> Hopefully that gets you some activity.

Thanks a lot! That seems like an easy trap to run into. Is there a way to not
suggest the old accounts (in the drop-down menu) when adding reviewers?

> It's also customary to add llvm-commits
> as a subscriber instead of a reviewer, but that shouldn't make too much of a
> difference.

Thanks, I'll try to remember this for next time.
I did this based on the following text in [the
docs](https://llvm.org/docs/Phabricator.html#phabricator-request-review-web):

> Add reviewers (see below for advice). (If you set the Repository field correctly, llvm-commits or cfe-commits will be subscribed automatically; otherwise, you will have to manually subscribe them.)

I was not aware of there being separate notions of "reviewers" and
"subscribers", so with this being in the "Add reviewers" not I thought "to
subscribe" meant "to add as a reviewer".  Actually from what I recall,
llvm-commits had been added automatically (but I might misremember).
(I hope this kind of feedback helps to improve the documentation.)

Kind regards,
Ralf