[llvm-dev] [X86 MIR] Get memory address read in PUSH64rmm

Yuanfeng Peng via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 24 11:50:58 PST 2019

Hi there,

I'm working on an MIR transformation for X86, and I need to get all memory
addresses accessed by any X86 instruction.  I've been using
MachineInstr::memoperands() to iterate over all MachineMemOperands and
using  X86II::getMemoryOperandNo() and X86II::getOperandBias() to get the
index of the base_reg MachineOperand.  This seems to work fine for most
instructions, until I saw the following instruction:

X86: pushq  0x20(%rbx)
MIR: PUSH64rmm renamable $rbx, 1, $noreg, 32, $noreg, implicit-def $rsp,
implicit $rsp

For the above MachineInstr, MachineInstr::getNumMemOperands() returns 0:
there's no MachineMemOperands.  However, this instruction clearly accesses
the memory address specified by [%rbx + 0x20].  I wonder how I can get the
memory addresses for instructions like this?

Thanks!
Yuanfeng Peng