[llvm-dev] Debugging Compiler-RT code

Andrew Weiler via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 14 09:59:18 PST 2019

Hello,

I am making modifications to Address Sanitizer by experimenting with
different locations for encoding ASAN metadata.

I know I broke something; when I compile a program with my modified ASAN,
ASAN is segfaulting internally before the instrumented program even begins.
If I pull up the program in GDB, I can see operations injected into the
program for ASAN but there is no information about which source they are
related to. I am building llvm in debug mode and I am compiling programs in
clang with debug symbols turned on.

Can you provide advice on debugging Compiler-RT projects? Can I get debug
symbols in my clang output for compiler-rt code?

Thank you,
Andrew Weiler