[llvm-dev] Question about pattern matching process

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 9 15:27:12 PST 2019

Patterns are first sorted by their "complexity" which is mostly just the
number of nodes the pattern matches. More complex patterns get the hightest
priority. In the even of a tie in complexity, the earlier pattern in the
.td file gets priority. You can artificially bump the priority of a pattern
by adding something like "let AddedComplexity = 1" to the pattern. The
AddedComplexity can also take a negative value to lower its priority.

~Craig