[llvm-dev] Not to consolidate two structs with the same data types (but different names) in configure/make tool chain

Peng Yu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 6 05:39:22 PST 2019

Hi,

I have the following C code.

#define PTR_T char *

typedef struct objcache {
  PTR_T data;
  int cs;   /* cache size, number of objects */
  int nc;   /* number of cache entries */
} sh_obj_cache_t;

struct dstack {
  char *delimiters;
  int delimiter_depth;
  int delimiter_space;
};

When it is configured/made to generate IR with the following
environment variables,

CC=clang CXX=clang++ RANLIB=llvm-ranlib CFLAGS=-flto LDFLAGS=-flto\
-fuse-ld=gold\ -Wl\,-plugin-opt=save-temps

I see all the variables declared as sh_obj_cache_t in the source code
becomes of type %struct.dstack instead of %struct.objcache.

sh_obj_cache_t wdcache = {0, 0, 0};

@wdcache = dso_local global %struct.dstack zeroinitializer, align 8, !dbg !1189

If I directly compile the .c file to .ll, I will not see this problem.

Is there a way to still use the configure/make toolchain, yet still
maintain the original type information instead of consolidating types
of the same data? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Peng