[llvm-dev] 'git llvm push' not working for me on Windows

Petr Hosek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 1 18:37:16 PST 2019

I already figured it out. Turned out some sources
like clang/lib/Basic/Version.cpp contain Subversion keywords (in this
particular case it's $URL$). Subversion would automatically substitute
these in the internal checkout that's used by git-llvm-push, but Git
wouldn't, so when trying to apply the patch generated by Git you'll get and
error because while Git patch has $URL$, the Subversion checkout would have
something like $URL: https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk/$. The
workaround I came up with is to do the keyword substitution in the
generated patch (
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/master/llvm/utils/git-svn/git-llvm#L321
).