[llvm-dev] Calling LowerSwitchPass causing crash in llvm 9

n3v3rm03 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 26 01:36:30 PST 2019

Hi,

I am trying to call LowerSwitchPass directly in my custom pass in this way:

  FunctionPass *lower = createLowerSwitchPass();
  lower->runOnFunction(*f);

But it will crash when running lower->runOnFunction(*f) in llvm-9.
I was using this method in llvm-8 and it worked fine. It seems the crash
happens at the first line of the LowerSwitch::runOnFunction(Function &F) in
the newer llvm:

LazyValueInfo *LVI = &getAnalysis<LazyValueInfoWrapperPass>().getLVI();
//crashed here

I can't figure out why this usage cause the compiler to crash? Am I calling
function pass wrong?

Thank you for your help.