[llvm-dev] LLJIT vs. thread-local storage

Geoff Levner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 20 05:08:51 PST 2019

I am in the process of porting our ORC code to ORC v2 and LLJIT. Now that I
have worked around a problem getting global constructors to be called,
everything seems to work unless a module declares a static thread-local
variable. In that case I get a "JIT session error" saying that the symbol __
emutls_v.xyz was not found (substitute the mangled variable name for "xyz").

Does that mean anything to anybody out there?

(I don't know if it's relevant, but we are using LLVM 8, and we are using
Clang to compile C++ modules that are all put into a single JITDylib.)

Geoff