[llvm-dev] Segfault clang -python during LLVM check-all

Son Tuan VU via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 19 15:58:43 PST 2019

Hello all,

I am trying to build LLVM/Clang from git mono repo. I've followed
instructions from https://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html by first
building a modern C++ toolchain (gcc version 8.3.0), then building
LLVM/Clang.

Everything was built without error, except for when I do
$ make check-all
I get the following error:
Scanning dependencies of target check-clang-python
ESegmentation fault
make[3]: ***
[tools/clang/bindings/python/tests/CMakeFiles/check-clang-python] Error 1
make[2]: ***
[tools/clang/bindings/python/tests/CMakeFiles/check-clang-python.dir/all]
Error 2

Has anyone encountered this during LLVM build? Can you tell me what I did
wrong, or at least how to debug this?

Thank you a lot for your help,

Son Tuan Vu