[llvm-dev] Moving to ORCv2 - Compiling debuggable code?

Geoff Levner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 19 07:31:15 PST 2019

I too am in the process of porting our ORC code to ORC v2 and LLJIT. The
new API allows me to remove much of our own code, which can only be a good
thing. I sometimes get crashes, however, when executing my JIT compiled
function, so I thought I would use gdb to try to figure out what is going
wrong. And I am dismayed to see that there seems to be no way to provide an
event listener to register compiled functions with gdb. LLJIT creates an
object linking layer with no listeners, and no way to add listeners
afterwards that I can see.

Am I missing something? Is there another way to debug JIT compiled code?

Geoff