[llvm-dev] Flang landing in the monorepo

Peter Waller via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 18 01:51:19 PST 2019

On 18/12/2019 04:48, Aaron Smith wrote:
> How about [flang] :-) The reviewed-on tag in the commit messages has
> the issue number so no information is lost.
>
> [flang] Merge pull request flang-compiler#862 from flang...

> Reviewed-on: flang-compiler#862

Hi,

Adding the pull request number to the individual commits was requested
in https://github.com/flang-compiler/f18/pull/854#discussion_r355516596,
but granted since then we also chose to keep the empty merge commits for
their commit message metadata as well, so maybe it is surplus to
requirements now. I've put your suggestion over on the pull request for
the history rewriting program.
https://github.com/flang-compiler/f18/pull/854#issuecomment-566958262

Regards,

- Peter