[llvm-dev] Python 2 compatibility for utility scripts

James Y Knight via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 17 06:18:18 PST 2019

IMO, having non-critical utility scripts require python 3 should be allowed
now. But, not yet for any scripts which are critical to build or test the
distributed components.

If we need to spend some time to fix the test runner to allow properly
skipping tests of python3-only components when python3 isn't available,
that seems entirely worthwhile, since we only need to do that once.