[llvm-dev] SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up calls

Sander De Smalen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 3 14:57:15 PST 2019

Hi all,

Several people have expressed interest in having regular sync-up calls to follow the progress of ARM SVE/SVE2 support in LLVM.
With this effort picking up steam and multiple people contributing patches, regular sync-up calls would provide a platform to coordinate our efforts.

Items to discuss in these sync-up calls would include:
- SVE/SVE2 CodeGen support
- Adding support for C/C++ intrinsics interface (ACLE)
- Strengthening support for scalable vectors in LLVM IR.
- Auto-vectorization for scalable vectors.
- Anything else related to (optimizing code for) SVE/SVE2

Similar to the other sync-up calls, we can share the agenda/minutes openly on the mailing list here so that it remains inclusive to anyone wanting to get involved. I'm new to organising something like this, so if you have any advice, I'm open to suggestions!

I've created a Doodle poll to pick a date/time for a first sync-up next week: https://doodle.com/poll/ecc73ditrqbhh9re (this proposes some preliminary slots that seem convenient for both UK/US timezones to include those who expressed interest. If you're in a different timezone and cannot attend, please let me know so we can try to mitigate that in some other way).

Please fill in the poll, reply to this thread or send me an email privately if you're interested in participating!

Thank you,

Sander