[llvm-dev] Using different opt with clang

Shishir V Jessu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 3 11:02:50 PST 2019

Hi,

I have made some changes in the LowerTypeTests Pass of opt, and would like
to use these changes with the clang version I have downloaded.

I compiled clang and llvm from scratch, made my changes in
LowerTypeTests.cpp, and recompiled clang and opt. When I run clang with the
appropriate flags to invoke the pass, it invokes the pass as originally
written, but when I run opt on the relevant bitcode, it invokes the pass as
I have written it.

How can I modify clang to make it use my version of opt to run the pass
I've changed? Thanks!

Regards,
Shishir Jessu