[llvm-dev] How to print stack frames after generating assembly from llc

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 2 07:53:10 PST 2019

Not exactly sure I understand your question - but you can edit the .s file
yourself/manually, but I guess that's not what you're asking for. You're
wondering if there are any command line arguments to llc, etc, that'd cause
it to print comments (or stderr, or something else) with stack frame
descriptions? Not that I know of. You might be able to modify LLVM to add
that functionality, though - I've no idea how hard that might be.

There is someone who's proposing adding some changes to llvm-objdump that
would print out variable location information from the DWARF in the
assembly listing ( https://reviews.llvm.org/D70720 ) which might cover your
use case?