[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2019] Apply the Clang Static Analyzer to LLVM-based projects - final report

Artem Dergachev via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 28 16:02:35 PDT 2019

Yay thx!

Sylvestre, is there anything i can help you with in order to get the
reports page back up?

I'd also indeed love to spam people with warnings that they introduced,
even if in the form of a weekly summary. We already have scripts that
compare scan-build outputs, but we mostly use them for testing the
analyzer itself.

 > Improving documentation (and support scripts) on how to get a
analyzer report on local builds

Yup, i guess we could write something up.

LLVM isn't very special when it comes to running the analyzer, so it
normally boils down to the official documentation in
http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/scan-build.html - as in:

   $ scan-build cmake ../llvm -G Ninja -DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=1
$YOUR_CUSTOM_FLAGS
   $ scan-build ninja

(running cmake under scan-build as veeeeery vaguely hinted in
http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/scan-build.html#recommended_autoconf is
indeed necessary; it should also be roughly equivalent to
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER_LAUNCHER=ccc-analyzer
-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_LAUNCHER=c++-analyzer)

I'm fairly ignorant about Windows specifics though.