[llvm-dev] Docs: Proposal to update LLVM docs homepage
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 28 13:39:05 PDT 2019
Next week is the official start of doc development for Google Season of
Docs. This part of the program lasts for three months (Sept. 2 - November
Here’s a high-level overview of the items that I’d like to tackle during
1. Restructure the LLVM docs homepage.
2. Reorganize the User Guides, Programming Documentation, and Subsystem
Documentation topics into specific categories/pages.
3. Update the Sphinx/reStructuredText style guide.
4. Misc. site enhancements, doc updates, bug fixes, etc.
Per the guidelines outlined in the LLVM Developer Policy, I’ll be taking an
incremental/iterative approach by breaking up my updates into smaller
chunks. The first item I’ll be working on is a revamp of the existing LLVM
Docs homepage. The updated homepage will (initially) consist of the
following four sections:
# LLVM Design and Overview
- Each section will include introductory text along with links to relevant
topics. For this first iteration, I don’t anticipate making any large-scale
changes to the existing text/links.
- I’ll be temporarily moving the User Guides, Programming Documentation,
and Subsystem Documentation sections to separate pages. Links to each page
will be included under the “Documentation” section.
- The Documentation section is intended to be a temporary placeholder. It
will eventually be split into multiple sections. For example, a section for
Getting Started, How-Tos, Tutorials, Reference, etc. This work will be
included as part of my second task to reorganize the existing docs into
specific categories/pages. I’ll go over my proposal for this task at a
In the meantime, if you have any questions or suggestions, let me know.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-dev