[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #295, August 26th 2019
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 26 11:41:19 PDT 2019
LLVM Weekly - #295, August 26th 2019
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the two hundred and ninety-fifth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
Kristóf Umann has written up a [final report on his GSoC
project](https://szelethus.github.io/gsoc2019/) to enhance bug reports in the
Clang Static Analyzer.
## On the mailing lists
* Alex Davies started a thread on [using GlobalISel to provide peephole
* Jonas Devlieghere [suggested removing the unfinished ncurses UI from
far, respondents are in favour of keeping it.
* Prashanth N. R. writes to the LLVM mailing list [about FC, a new LLVM-based
"The performance in SPEC becnhmarks are comparable(better in few cases) to
flang and gfortran compilers in both speed and rate runs."
* Hans Wennborg has sent out a [reminder to write 9.0 release
* Neil Nelson [shared a chart of memory usage for
* Gábor Horváth gave an [update on ading lifetime analysis to
* Pavel Labath [shared an RFC on support for unwinding in LLDB for
* DeForest Richards kicked off a discussion on [re-organizing the LLVM
* Johannes Doerfert [started an RFC thread on increasing the scope of
## LLVM commits
* Documentation was added for GWP-ASan, a sampled allocator aiming to help
finding use-after-free and heap-buffer-overflow bugs.
* A "must-be-executed-context" explorer was committed, allowing the traversal
of instructions that are guaranteed to be executed whenever instruction I is.
* `-x86-experimental-vector-widening-legalization` was added to allow the
previous behaviour to be selectively enabled.
* Initial GlobalISel infrastructure for RISC-V was added.
## Clang commits
* The StaticAnalyzer VirtualCallChecker was improved, and parts of it are now
enabled by default. [r369449](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL369449).
* The clangd features table was updated with links to relevant LSP extension
## Other project commits
* The LLVM test-suite has started to gain microbenchmarks for memory functions
(e.g. memcmp, memcpy, ...). [r369707](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL369707).
* LLD gained further improvements to Android dynamic relocation packing.
* LLDB now supports the C++20 `char8_t` type.
More information about the llvm-dev