[llvm-dev] Vectorization fails when dealing with a lot of for loops.

manolis mi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 23 08:42:46 PDT 2019

Hello, could you please have a look at this code posted on godbolt.org:
https://godbolt.org/z/O-O-Q7

The problem is that inside the compute function, only the first loop vectorizes while the rest copies of it don't. But if I remove any of the for loops, then the rest vectorize successfully. Could you please confirm that this is a bug, otherwise give me more insight on why the vectorization fails? The message "Cannot identify array bounds" is not helpful.

Thank you for your time,
Emmanouil Michalainas, CERN