[llvm-dev] [RFC] Adding target-specific overrides for Indirect Call Promotion

Finkel, Hal J. via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 22 22:54:42 PDT 2019

Hi, Wael,

Am I correct in assuming that the reason it makes sense for these to be target dependent is because there's on the dependence on the relative cost of checks vs. the indirect-call overhead? There's also a different from other inlining benefits, but I imagine that's more-weakly target dependent.

To what would you like to change the max-annotations value? Should this always match the max-prom value?

 -Hal